Saturday, July 25, 2009

Sweet and Sour

I think naps for Ian are about to become a thing of the past. Especially on the weekend. I don't know if it's because I'm home and he just doesn't want to nap or if he's getting ready to give up his naps. Today...for the second Saturday in a row...he "wasn't tired"..."wasn't sleepy"...etc. He was a mess all afternoon...quite cranky this evening.

Amidst all of the crankiness comes some sweetness.

Ian and I were snuggling on the couch and he said "hey mommy, can I have a girlfriend"? Hmmmmm...where did that come from? I said "well, someday you can Ian.".....He went on to say "mommy, I want you to be my girlfriend, ok?" So sweet. This boy has stolen my heart a million times in the 3 short years we've been a family.

3 comments:

Julie & Patrick said...

It is amazing what these kiddos dream up. Yesterday Devi asked is she could marry daddy! I am dreading the day that naps are over...that is the only time of the day I get anything done :)

Best of luck for Saturday #3!
Julie R

Valerie said...

Well, at least the naptimes have lasted as long as they have. I have several friends whose kiddos stopped napping around age 2! Can you imagine?! Luckily I still squeeze naps out of Henry almost daily, and on the days he doesn't nap, he still has "quiet time" in his room. When I taught Kindermusik eons ago, the curriculum pointed out that kids in today's day and age aren't learning to relax, so naptime and quiet time are very important. And they help keep the crankiness at bay, that's for sure. I know all about that! :)

Pam said...

AAAAWWWW!!! Too cute!!! Ian-what a charmer! :)