Friday, October 10, 2008

15 Months Old AND We've Been Home 2 Months

Today, little man Drew is 15 months old....and it's been 2 months since we landed in Tulsa with our newest addition. He's just a stinker beyond belief. I'm amazed at how far he's come in just 2 short months.

It's been so different with Drew. He's been a more difficult child in a lot of ways. He was and is so much more independent than Ian. I found it was much harder to gain his trust. Maybe it's the additional 2 months he spent in the orphanage (Ian came home at 11 months old)...and maybe it's just his personality. Haven't quite figured that one out yet. There's no doubt that he's attaching, but being the worrier that I am, I still fret over possible attachment issues. He still prefers mommy at this point but if I'm not around (or if he doesn't see me)....daddy is just fine too. I think he has me pegged. He knows that his little cry / whine can get to me and he uses that to his advantage. Oh well, I keep telling myself they're only little once.

Anyway....a little over a year ago we saw his face for the first time and 10 weeks ago, our lives were forever changed by this adorable little guy. We love you little man Drew!!!

1 comment:

@nnie said...

I wonder how much the Birth Order theories apply to adopted children? When I read Kevin Lehman's Birth Order book, my children's personalities made a lot more sense. I don't know Drew, but I know my 2nd born, and oh my, was she EVER a stinker if I ever knew a stinker! I think it had a lot to do with her birth order. Just a thought.