Sunday, November 16, 2008

Daddy School To Begin

Tomorrow we begin a new adventure....Daddy School. Charlie was the victim of downsizing earlier this year. Fortunately he received a decent severance package. Since Ian is still having some potty issues, we have pulled him out of pre-school until we get this under control. Now that Daddy is home and Ian is home....it only made sense for us to take Drew out of daycare for a while to save some money. So tomorrow...my dear husband will have both boys at home. We're hoping and praying this will only be through the beginning of the year.

The one man wrecking crew and a demanding 3 year old.....Charlie has his work cut out for him. He's going to do fine. But, please just say a prayer for him. I have to admit...I probably have the best husband in the world. Charlie and I have been married for a long time. Early in our marriage, my mom was still alive and quite ill. Charlie helped me take care of my mom...we all lived together the last 2 years she was alive. We had only been married about 4 years when that happened. Many men would have said "see ya"...but not my man. He loved me through the good and the bad. He is amazing. Now...he's taking care of our family. He's a great husband and an even better Daddy. I love watching him with the boys. There's just something about a Daddy and his kids that melts your heart.

Charlie....I love you and I'm so proud of the man you are. I'm praying that Daddy School is FABULOUS.

4 comments:

Fenwick 5 said...

Nadra,Sounds like you got a great man!I am sure the daddy school will go well.Daddy and son bonding,this will be great for all of them,while your saving money too.I hope daddy school begins with a great KICKOFF!! Gidget

Jill and Andy said...

Hey Charlie, I am sure that things will go great! We will be thinking of you guys!!!

Nicki said...

Way to go Charlie! I don't see my husband doing Daddy School, no matter how hard I try to picture it. The three will have a great time.

Nicole

Anonymous said...

Nadra, reading your post today brought back many precious memories of that time. Watching you and Charlie during that time was a true blessing and I know prepared you for the times ahead. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Daddy School will be a time of fun for all three of "your boys"!! Can't wait to read some of the updates, maybe Charlie could post some? Friends are friends forever if the Lord's the Lord of them. Love you guys, Debbie