Sunday, September 14, 2008

Home 5 Weeks

We have been home with Drew for 5 weeks now. Time is flying by. He's doing better and better each day. He has a bit of the Oklahoma Crud going on right now (runny nose, congested, etc)...but he's fine.

I have to keep reminding myself that he's only been home 5 weeks. When I look at him and see all that he's doing and how he's progressing, I get lost in the "only 5 weeks" time frame. He is attaching well to both of us, but he's especially attached to mommy. If I leave, he cries. When I get home, he cries (just to show me that he's been upset). But, it's all moving at the pace that it's supposed to. He has gone through some MAJOR changes in the past 7 weeks. Friday night and Saturday night were the first 2 nights he's slept all night since we got home. Hopefully we're getting into a groove.

Drew and Ian continue to push one another's buttons. That's what brothers are supposed to do, right? Ian is learning his boundaries as a big brother. It's taking some time, but he's getting there. It's been a hard transition for Ian, but considering...I think he's doing amazingly well. Drew watches every move Ian makes and tries to copy most of them. I found him standing on the ottoman the other day ready to jump off (just as Ian had the evening before). Ian loves to help me cook. So, he brings his little chair in the kitchen to stand on. Today, Drew brought the chair in the kitchen and stood on it by the hot stove. I had to move quickly to get him down before he touched the stove. I do love watching the two of them together though. They are so cute. I especially love mornings when both of them are still sleepy and want to cuddle on my lap. Mmmm, mmmm, good :)

We went to India Fest in Tulsa yesterday. It was great fun. Lots to see and do. Ian and I both got Henna Tattoos on our hands. They're cute, but I'll be glad when mine fades away (should be in a couple of days). We also ran into our friends Grace, Shane and Jadyn. It was so good to see them. Jadyn was adopted from the same orphanage as Ian. They were actually there at the same time (along with sweet Mia). Miss Jadyn is growing into the most beautiful little girl. Her daddy is in trouble as she gets older.

So, how are mommy and daddy adjusting to having 2 boys? Most days we do great...but we're still learning. It's much more difficult than I imagined going from one child to two. I know, people do it all the time...but I have a whole new level of respect for them. The amount of milk we go through now is amazing :) Laundry...where does it all come from? I've got to get into some sort of laundry routine or I'm going to drive myself nuts. I'm very fortunate to have a husband who helps around the house. Charlie certainly does his share and more plus. he's great with the boys.

1 comment:

Dianna said...

I've got three girls! You know how I do it? I ignore the dirty house. Every so often I scoop it out. We make an effort to clean up the living room once Phoebe goes to bed, but it's difficult knowing that she's going to trash it when she wakes up at a ridiculous hour of the morning. Oh, and she also did the 'cry when she sees me to let me know she was miserable' thing.

You'll get there! Just enjoy those gorgeous little guys!