Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My 3 Boys


Will they ever look at the camera at the same time?



Daddy & Drew at the new BOK Center



Ian showing off his tumbling skills at the BOK Center



Making cupcakes for Daddy's Birthday



Happy Birthday Daddy

Love, love, love all THREE of my boys. Yesterday was Charlie's birthday so Ian and I baked some chocolate cupcakes. Ian was so proud of himself. Charlie loved them.

When we were waiting for Ian to come home (2 1/2 years ago), I couldn't imagine actually being someones mommy. Is that weird? I knew I wanted children, I was so in love with Ian that it was insane...but thinking about being a mommy was just more than I could imagine. Now, with 2 little ones running around....I can't imagine NOT being a mommy. While it has it's challenges and I don't think I'll ever go to the bathroom alone for several more years....honestly....it's the best thing I've ever done. When I'm with my boys, all is well....crazy...but well. I remember a friend of mine from church telling me that my priorities would change when Ian came home. I thought..."well yeah..but my life won't change". Boy...was she ever right. My priorities have turned completely around....especially now that Drew has come home. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy my "alone" time and time with my girlfriends...but I think I'm cut out to be someones mommy.

What I've realized though, is I still need to make time to be a wife. Charlie and I have to make a real effort for date nights. We haven't had one since Drew's been home (I'm not quite ready yet)...but we will soon. I miss my alone time with Charlie. I'm sappy today...what's up with that? I think I'm just in love with my 3 boys!!!

7 comments:

Traci said...

It's okay to be "sappy" when you're in love!! There's nothing like being a mom and you can't really grasp it until you are one. I can relate to the potty alone!!

Julie & Patrick said...

Yes, you are somewhat out numbered, but in the most fabulous of ways. The only girl will definitely have some perks too...around Mother's day ;)

Love the new look of the blog, btw

As always, thanks for sharing!!

Julie R

Heather M. said...

Awwww....super sweet! I was always outnumbered too...even our dogs were always boys! Now, at least there is one little girl & one female boxer in the house! We've almost caught up!

Heather M.

@nnie said...

Wow, the love is just seeing out of this entry. And I definitely think there's a different feeling with boys. Not that you love them a stitch more than your girls...not at all.... but with a boy, you can just fall head over heels. Believe me, I have fallen! And it looks like you have too. Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Gosh that Ian makes me laugh. He has quite the personality, doesn't he? lol

Life with boys is so much fun!!! So what if it ages you twice as fast? LOL (kidding kidding)

Nicki said...

Sounds like all is well and you are fulfilling your dreams. That's not sappy, it's wonderful!

Nicki

lori said...

Yes, you are outnumbered...or as I like to say "queen of the castle". So sweet to hear you gush about your boys....awwwwww.